Join us for “Meet the Candidates” on Thursday, May 5th at 7:30 pm.
To join, log on to on the district livestream at https://www.portnet.org/livestream. Please send questions for the candidates in advance to at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to a thoughtful and informative discussion!
Excerpts from Our May Newsletter
A Message from AGATE’s Co-Presidents
The pace of events always seems to pick up as we enter the month of May, and this year is no different. On May 17th, our community will hold our annual School District Budget and Board of Education Trustee vote at Weber Middle School from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. As always, budget failure would be disastrous for our children and teachers. We urge all members of our AGATE community to get out and vote for this year’s budget–and encourage your family, friends and adult children to do the same. (See below for some important budget information.) The deadline to register to vote online has passed, but you can still register in person by May 12th. Click here to find out if you are registered to vote, here to learn how to register in person, here to learn about voting by absentee ballot, here for an absentee voter application in English, and here for an absentee voter application in Spanish. The district’s summary of the budget is here.
To learn more about the three candidates running for two seats in the Board of Education Trustee election on May 17th, please join us for our annual “Meet the Candidates Night” this Thursday evening at 7:30 pm. Please join on the district livestream at https://www.portnet.org/livestream, and please send your questions for the candidates to us at email@example.com. We are looking forward to a thoughtful and informative discussion!
On Friday, May 6th, we will be holding our last “Connecting Over Coffee” for the 2021-2022 year at Blumenfeld Park at 10 am. We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Meet the Candidates event. We will also discuss how we can get out the vote for the budget!
Finally, it is with excitement for the future that we share our slate for next year’s Executive Board:
- Co-Presidents: Rebecca Hughes Parker and Nancy Ziselman
- Vice President: Kelly McMasters
- Treasurer: Liz Milbank Sobel
- Secretary: Denise Paredes
We will hold a meeting to vote on our slate on Monday, May 23rd at 9:30 am via Zoom. The public is welcome; please find Zoom information below.
All the Best,
Kim Keiserman and Rebecca Hughes Parker
All the Best,
Kim Keiserman & Rebecca Hughes Parker, AGATE Co-Presidents
Join AGATE for Upcoming Events
- BOE Meeting, Tues, May 3, 7:30pm (budget presentation)
- AGATE’s “Meet the Candidates” Night, Thurs, May 5, 7:30pmhttps://www.portnet.org/livestream
- AGATE’s Connecting Over Coffee, Fri, May 6, 10:00am, Blumenfeld Park
- BOE Policy & Personnel Committee Work Session, Wed, May 11, 9:30am
- BOE Trustee & Budget Vote, Tues, May 17, 6am-10pm, Weber Middle School All-Purpose Room
- BOE Curriculum Work Session, Fri, May 20, 9:00 am, KAM Annex
- BOE Budget & Facilities Committee Meeting, Mon, May 23, 8:30 am, in-person KAM Administrative Annex with livestreaming
- AGATE Meeting, Vote for Executive Board Slate for 2022-2023,https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88113933043?pwd=b1lGMEUvK3FFUnJNRjNiSlprSkVGUT09Meeting ID: 881 1393 3043 Passcode: 3fGB3A